enFocus Fellowship

South Bend, Indiana Full-time

enFocus Overview

enFocus is a nonprofit organization that builds better communities through talent attraction, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We bring an “entrepreneurial focus” to communities by recruiting top talent, providing mentorship and cohort-based programming, and executing on innovation projects for regional sponsors. Founded in South Bend, Indiana in 2012, we have served more than 80 sponsors in the South Bend-Elkhart region (and some outside of our region as well), and our team works collaboratively between two offices in South Bend and Elkhart, Indiana. 

 

Fellowship Overview

The enFocus Fellowship is a paid, full-time employment opportunity for recent graduates. Our unique Fellowship model places you with a cohort of Fellows for 1-2 years, working in a 70/30 model. Approximately 70% of Fellows' time is spent working on sponsored innovation projects for community partners, including private businesses, government, school districts, health systems, and nonprofits. The remaining 30% of Fellows' time is reserved for self-directed entrepreneurial projects, whether it be pursuing a startup or developing a unique solution for a social cause in our community. Throughout the Fellowship, our team provides professional development opportunities and access to a network of mentors to assist Fellows as they launch their careers. 

 

Important note on the duration of Fellowship: Beginning in August 2020, the enFocus Fellowship will become a 2-year program. Our summer Fellow cohort will begin in August 2020 and end in July 2022. 

If a candidate has extenuating circumstances that limits his/her ability to commit to a 2-year Fellowship, we will still accept the application, as long as the candidate can commit to at least 1 year. Please make note of these circumstances in your application essay.

 

Requirements 

  • Bachelor’s degree (all majors are considered)
  • Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
  • Applicants must be available to work full-time in the South Bend-Elkhart region for the duration of the Fellowship

 

What we look for in a candidate:

  • Passion to build better better communities through innovation and entrepreneurship
  • Familiarity and/or interest in technology, business, social impact, and community development
  • Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
  • Excellent presentation and written communication skills
  • Clear demonstration of leadership experience in work or academic settings
  • Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data and provide strategic insights
  • Ability to learn new skills and become familiar with new industries quickly, potentially working on projects outside of your previous work or academic experience

 

Application & Interview Rounds

Round 1 Application Deadline: October 13th, 2019, 9pm EST

Round 1 Interviews: October 21st - November 22nd

Round 1 Decisions: December 9th, 2019

 

Round 2 applications are accepted beginning October 13th, 2019 at 9:01pm EST.

 

Round 2 Application Deadline: February 9th, 2020, 9pm EST

Round 2 Interviews: February 18th - March 20th

Round 2 Decisions: March 30th, 2020