enFocus Fellowship

South Bend and Elkhart, Indiana | Full-time

Apply

enFocus Overview

enFocus is a nonprofit organization that builds better communities through talent attraction, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We bring an “entrepreneurial focus” to communities by recruiting top talent, providing mentorship and cohort-based programming, and executing on innovation projects for regional sponsors. Founded in South Bend, Indiana in 2012, we have served more than 80 sponsors in the South Bend-Elkhart region (and some outside of our region as well), and our team works collaboratively between two offices in South Bend and Elkhart, Indiana. 

 

Fellowship Overview

The enFocus Fellowship is a paid, full-time employment opportunity for recent graduates. Our unique Fellowship model places you with a cohort of Fellows for two years, working in a 70/30 model. Approximately 70% of a Fellow's time is spent working on sponsored innovation projects for community partners, including private businesses, government agencies, school districts, manufacturers, health systems, and nonprofits. The remaining 30% of a Fellow's time is allocated toward applied research and entrepreneurship projects--either supporting an existing incubation, or spearheading your own founder project to launch innovations in our region. Throughout the Fellowship, our team provides professional development opportunities and access to a network of mentors to assist Fellows as they launch their careers. 

 

Fellow Job Description

enFocus Fellows work collaboratively on project teams to discover, design, and implement innovative solutions for project sponsors. Due to variation in project size and scope, each Fellow will lead between 1-3 sponsored (70%) projects during the first year; in the second year, Fellows will have the opportunity to take on a larger portfolio of projects in a leadership role. Fellows work both on-site with sponsors and at the enFocus offices to carry out project work. All Fellows are salaried employees and are expected to complete a minimum 40-hour work week.

 

Each project requires unique work activities; however, all Fellows will be expected to:

  • Positively represent enFocus through all 70% and 30% project engagements and any other enFocus-sponsored event
  • Develop and execute a project management plan for all sponsored (70%) projects
  • Communicate regular project updates to enFocus staff and sponsors
  • Contribute to at least one self-directed or existing enFocus 30% project
  • Conduct discover activities, such as customer/stakeholder interviews, strategic research, and data collection and analysis
  • Conduct design activities, such as program design, business model development, process mapping, technology requirements definition, and strategic planning
  • Conduct implement activities, such as technology implementation, employee training, project/stakeholder management, and data collection/evaluation

 

Requirements 

  • Bachelor’s degree (all majors are considered)
  • Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
  • Applicants must be available to work full-time in the South Bend-Elkhart region for the duration of the Fellowship

 

What we look for in a candidate:

  • Passion to build better better communities through innovation and entrepreneurship
  • Familiarity and/or interest in technology, business, social impact, and community development
  • Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
  • Excellent presentation and written communication skills
  • Clear demonstration of leadership experience in work or academic settings
  • Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data and provide strategic insights
  • Ability to learn new skills and become familiar with new industries quickly, potentially working on projects outside of your previous work or academic experience

 

Application & Interview Rounds

Round 1 Application Deadline: October 25th, 2020, 9pm Eastern Time

Round 1 Interviews: November 2nd - December 4th

Round 1 Decisions: December 16th, 2020

 

Round 2 applications are accepted beginning October 25th, 2020 at 9:01pm Eastern Time.

 

Round 2 Application Deadline: February 14th, 2021, 9pm Eastern Time

Round 2 Interviews: February 22nd - March 19th

Round 2 Decisions: March 31st, 2021